Produce 100% portable, modern COBOL application GUIs
The isCOBOL Evolve application GUI is completely portable and can run anywhere -- from mainframe to mobile devices. The portable GUI produced by isCOBOL software runs character-based as well as graphical programs, enabling you to easily modernize the look and feel of your GUI environment to meet the expectations of today’s online users.
isCOBOL Evolve provides support for unique graphical capabilities in COBOL such as:
- Including Java Swing or 3rd party JavaBeans technology graphical controls in screen sections.
- Using HTML (conforming to v3.2 with some 4.0 extensions) instead of plain text in any graphical control that displays text (e.g. TITLE property).
- Displaying graphical controls in grid cells.
- Allowing users to sort a grid by clicking on column headings, or drag-and-drop grid columns to move them with a simple one-line code change.
- Utilizing LM-SCALE layout-manager to automatically adjust application appearance for different screen resolutions and resized windows.
- Allowing users to rename items in-place, similar to how items are renamed in Windows Explorer, using Tree-view control.
- Adding bitmap images for automatic mouse-rollover functionality in push-button, radio-button and check-box controls.
- Displaying animated GIF files.
- Displaying bitmap images in menu-items and combo boxes.
- Allowing the ability to combine text labels and images on check-boxes, push-buttons, and radio buttons.
Run your client/server application in a browser