Product introduction and overview
This three-day course provides programmers and analysts with a working knowledge of isCOBOL Evolve. An introduction to all major product suite components will be presented. Students will compile, debug, and edit COBOL programs. A variety of data access options will also be covered and students will build complete COBOL projects for deployment and production release.
This course takes place in a workshop setting and includes intensive instruction and hands-on exercises.
Contact us for registration details.
Working with isCOBOL course information
- Basic understanding of developing and distributing COBOL applications
- A Windows-based laptop (*)
- Introduction to isCOBOL Evolve
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- isCOBOL and the Java platform
- Compiling, editing, and debugging COBOL programs
- Working with external files and data sources
- Library and external routines
- User interfaces
- Web interfaces
- Packaging and distributing applications
- isCOBOL Application Server (thin client and distributed deployment for isCOBOL Evolve users)
- Integrating and interfacing with other software such as free and commercial Java solutions
Organizations interested in arranging detailed training on any elective below in conjunction with a Product Introduction and Overview training course should contact Veryant for scheduling options.
- Transitioning to isCOBOL
- The Eclipse environment
- GUI programming
- Object-orientated programming
- Web enabling COBOL applications
- Web services
- Java language and concepts
For more information
Contact your isCOBOL representative or regional distributor for more information about training opportunities from Veryant. You can also email your request for upcoming product training dates or to request more information on training options to sales